Thursday, October 20, 2011

Neverwinter goes free to play!

Well, it is official, Cryptic Studios revealed that Neverwinter will be a free to play MMORPG. Cryptic, which is responsible for another popular tabletop to MMO game by the name of Champions Online, made the announcement to IGN earlier this month. *sighs* I know, I know, I should really stay on top of this stuff, but I still wasn't sure whether I wanted to cover other free to play DnD games on here or not. However, I feel there is plenty of room to do so.

So, how does this affect the blog? Well, right now, not by much. DDO will still get content added every Monday and Friday at 9am as usual...however I'm looking at covering Heroes of Neverwinter on Tuesdays and perhaps Thursdays as well...with news like this being posted in lieu of Thursdays posts when appropriate. At least for now.

When the game comes out I'll shift the schedule around a bit, seeing what works best for everyone.

Cryptic has still yet to reveal what classes will be available in the new game, but I'm sure more will be leaked between now and the release date in late 2012.

I can't wait. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment