Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Life in Neverwinter: The October Update

DDO isn't the only free DnD game out there--I've been playing a lot of another one lately called Heroes of Neverwinter. Heroes of Neverwinter is a game on Facebook utilizing 4th Edition rules. You adventure in the city of Neverwinter, playing a turn by turn roleplaying game that is a lot more like tabletop DnD than DDO. It is a lot of fun. So, be sure to check it out, after all its free.

In case you haven't guessed I'm going to be posting about it occasionally on here...however, I wouldn't worry if you come here to hear about only DDO. I won't replace a Monday or Friday post with stuff on Heroes of Neverwinter (or possibly when it comes out Neverwinter). Instead I'm planning on just writing more. Right now I'm tentatively planning these for Tuesday posts.

With that out of the way, let's get to the core of today's post: The October Update of the game.

The October Update to the game seems to have added some cool new things to the game.

1) The Initiative Tracker is much easier to read. Using square dock icons and showing not just the health bar but also full HP in clear text underneath each icon.

2) I'm pretty sure the outlines on things are clearer now...or maybe I'm just imagining that.

3) It added a cool little quest arc dealing with Thayan Wizards. I did the first new quest in Neverwinter, and it had a pleasurable little story and tons of chances to get unique helms.

4) Speaking of new helms, there seem to be a whole slew of new items, though I'm not sure if they are permanent or just part of the October event. Be sure to check your Chest of Wonder for a +1 to HP for one character.

5) I'm not sure if this is on purpose or a glitch. But while spectating on someone else's adventure the situation was a lot more dire on my end than his. He was gliding through the adventure just fine, but the game showed me images of his party getting the crap beat out of it. Probably a glitch, but hey, still cool.

6) The most notable change is the look of Neverwinter itself, which is decked out in Halloween decorations and colored with a much darker palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment